Saturday 14 November 2009

I stumbled upon a copy of the Daily Mail

Normally Aunty doesn't get involved with politics - too mucky and unseemly for my liking. But I do have two small points, based on information that I garnered from the Mail. Yes; the Mail. My favourite newspaper; if I'm going to take a newspaper, I take the Times; but if I want to be entertained and, let's be honest, slightly fired up, I take the Mail.

Soldiers v Penpushers

I should like to make it abundantly clear that I think our troops are amazing far beyond the limits of my vocabulary. I do however think it slightly unfair to suggest that penpushers don't deserve bonuses. I wonder how many office workers would be happy to push pens in Afghanistan, commuting to work under a steel reinforced concrete umbrella in order to try and deflect any passing bullets, for the same wage that they'd receive in London.


Gordon changing his mind on immigration

Now: Aunty's head doesn't zip up the back. She knows that politicians aren't exactly the most open and honest people, driven by a genuine love of the common folk. But even so: Gordon's changed his mind about immigration. He's been accused of backtracking and so on; but might it not also be polite to suggest that he's changing his views in the light of public concern?

Well. That's far too much brain work. I shall compensate by spending the day shopping, lunching, and going out for dinner this evening. Don't you worry; over-compensation is the order of the day.

Have a super day, loves!

Aunty
x

No comments:

Post a Comment