Wednesday 18 November 2009

Scientists discover colour blindness gene prevalent in cyclists

So. Today, I drove past a cyclist, respectfully. I always slow down for cyclists and so should y'all. I slowed down, I pulled out, I overtook. I came to a red traffic light and I stopped. Whoosh! The cyclist came flying past on the inside, straight across the red light.

My first thought was a rather uncharitable "Sodding buggery! Why can't cyclists obey the rules of the road, just like everyone else?" But then I thought: maybe they're all colour blind. Maybe it's a genetic disposition towards cycling that is found amongst colour blind people.

Perhaps.

Now: since no-one follows my blog, I doubt I'm in any real trouble, but I do fear the interweb. So I must point out that scientists haven't actually discovered any such link. Unless, by "scientist", you mean "Aunty Lush", and by "discovered a link", you mean "made a wild accusation based on nothing but supposition and ire."

Have a good day, darlings. Oh! And this morning, I learned how to write the alphabet with my hips. So a great day, all in all.

Aunty
x

No comments:

Post a Comment