Saturday 14 November 2009

Paolo Nutini

I hadn't given Mr Nutini a moment's thought, I confess; though I'm sure he's never spent much time thinking about me either, so it's an evenly balanced relationship.

Then I heard Pencil Full of Lead and thought what a jolly tune it was, and how much I thought Great Aunty Lush would like it. So, on this morning's spree, I picked up Mr Nutini's album as a gift for Great Aunty Lush. Havnig listened to the first twenty seconds of each song on the album, I should like to ask: what the hey? He's like a one-man Later With Jools Holland. He really is a man who won't be genred. Good for him.

Must go: time for afternoon tea. Coffee and walnut cake, or coconut and cherry? The simple answer is one piece of each, obviously. Aunty is a firm supporter of cake communism.

Chin chin!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment